Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Color of Dreams blog hop

If I do this right, it will post automatically, Sunday April 6, 2014.
 

   I feel lucky to have been included and really love the polymer cube bead that was chosen for me. I titled my piece 'Slowly Spring'.  I live about 100 miles from the Canadian border in a small town in Idaho and winter has been drawn out with freezing temps at night this last week.  So I have been dreaming a lot about Spring actually arriving. 
   I find I sleep better if I have been beading for at least an hour before I go to sleep.  
So that's my dream - to bead, to sleep, perchance to dream (happily). 
   I worked on having some asymmetry in this piece and feel it has a nice balance.  I used 4 colors of Delica; turquoise, rainbow translucence, a mystery color (no name on the tube) & a small amount of grass green.  I chose copper as a transition color from winter before the gold of summer. 
   I have lots of blogs to visit & see the other wonders that have been created, so here they are:


Honorary Artist:          Patricia Handschuh
Patricia's blog:            The Color of Dreams        
Patricias Etsy:             The Color of Dreams
Hostess: TJ                 Jewel School Friends
Kay Thomerson          KayzKreationz
Audrey Belanger         Toki No Hourousha

Alicia Marinache         All the Pretty Things
Terry Carter                TappingFlamingo
Lori Schneider            Bead Addict
Jenny Kyrlach            Wonder and Whimsy
Asri Wahyuingsih       Asri's Beadwork
Dini Bruinsma            Angaza by Changes
Karla Morgan             Texas Pepper Jams
Debbie Rasmussen      A Little of This, A Little of That
Veralynne Malone       Designed by Vera
Kathy Stemke              Vintage Memories Jewelry Design
Mowse Doyle              Mowse Made This
Heather Richter            Desert Jewelry Designs
Lori Poppe                    Adventures in Creativity with LorilliJean

Jayne Capps                 Mama's Got To Doodle
Andrea Glick               Zenith Jade Creations
Kathleen Breeding       99 Bottles of Beads on the Wall
Becky Pancake             Becky Pancake Bead Designs
Karin Martinez             Fairies Market
Miranda Ackerley         Mirandack

Penny Houghton           Smelly Nelly
Carolyn Lawson           Carolyn's Creations
Chris Eisenberg            Wanderware
Christie Murrow           Charis Designs Jewelry
Monique Urquhart        A Half-Baked Notion
Eve Shelby                   Raindrop Creations Jewelry by Evelyn
Cryss Thain                  Here Bead Dragons
Jasvanti Patel               Jewelry By Jasvanti
Nan Smith                    NanMade Handmade Jewelry
Sue Kennedy               SueBeads
Jean Yates                    Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!
Debbie Rogers             Debbies Treasures
Marybeth Rich             A Few Words From Within the Pines
Shirley Moore              Beads and Bread
Shaia Williams             Shaiha's Ramblings
Kathy Lindemer           Bay Moon Design
Linda Anderson           From the Bead Board
Judy Turner                 Silver Rains
Gloria Allen                Gloria Allen Designs
Regina Wood              Ginas-Design
Robin Reed                 Artistry HCBD
Mary Goovars             MLH Jewelry Designs
Marlene Cupo             Amazing Designs
CJ Bauschka               4 His Glory Creations
Robin Showstack        The Crazy Bead Hoarder
Cynthia O'Toole          Sparkles and Sweets

Jael Thorp                   Jael's Art Jewels
Renetha Stanziano         Lamplight Crafts

28 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

So hip and so beautiful! LOVE it!
jean

MirandAck said...

I love this! Where did you get those cool little coin beads?
MirandAck.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combo...one of my personal favs.
Kathy
http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com/

Becky Pancake said...

Cryss your necklace is beautiful. Love the colors you chose. They compliment the bead perfectly. I too live not far south of Canada and I am longing for spring after an unusually cold(5th coldest in the history of our state) and snowy winter.

Jael said...

Simply beautiful!

Shai Williams said...

Great bracelet! I bet that it is really comfortable to wear.

Empty nester at last said...

Oh I love your piece! The colors go so well together. Excellent job! Thanks for posting.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Cryss, I love your understated design which perfectly complements the gorgeous little bead you received from Heather and Rita :) Let's hope this LOOONG winter season will soon lose its grip and allow us to skip happily into spring and summer!

Charis Designs said...

The copper beads picks up the veining in the focal bead, and the green/turquoise color is beautiful. It makes for a stunning combination.

Christie

Unknown said...

All I can say us YUM-MY! I'm dream struck in awe. The colors are purr-fect and all I want now is some pistachio gelato. Thank you for sharing your color of dreams.

Shirley said...

Love this design! You did well!
P.S. I'm sending some warm air up your way...:)

Unknown said...

Love your colours! Speaks of spring (if it ever comes) Great bracelet!

Kepi said...

My absolutley favorite colors. Perfect description. I too have to bead before sleep and often get caught beading to the wee hours. Beautiful bracelet!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

You created a very cool and wonderful bracelet! I imagine you riding your Harley (or a horse, too)wearing this boho chic beauty! It is warm and lovely, like you! You certainly created gorgeous art jewelry with the copper and Delicas -- I love that you shared your colors which reflect spring. I giggled at the little bit of grass green & imagined it peeking out from the spring ground, the season finally changing as you snuggle in your bed, dreaming. Oh, and you worked brilliant asymmetry too, Crystal! Lovely!

Happy Hopping! Thank you for sharing your dreams xxoo Rita

Linda A. said...

really creative use of the bead and the colors! so so pretty and inspirational!

baymoondesign said...

I love the colors and design. Well done!

kmorgan said...

Gorgeous! If you don't like it, send it my way. I love love love it! The colors make the bead POP!!!! :)

Nelly May said...

The colours are absolutely gorgeous. Everything sits together as if that's exactly where they were always meant to be. I'm urging spring to come your way xxx

Unknown said...

This is simply BEAUTIFUL!!! enough said!!! Have a Blessed Day!

Unknown said...

I am thinking yummy yummy yummy!!! Love those colors together, they make such a statement. Great choices for your lovely ooak bead.

KayzKreationz said...

My brother and his wife live in Helena and I know they too have been dreaming/waiting for spring. Very pretty bracelet. I love the copper as a transition. You really accented the 'focal' bead very well.

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful dream,- to bead, to sleep, perchance to dream(happily):-) To start with the beading, I love your design, it's elegant with a beautiful colour combination. I end with wishing you great dreams and a beautiful Spring Time!

fairiesmarket said...

I like the design simple yet modern (stacked) bracelet. Very nice.

Unknown said...

What a lovely piece, and do I ever understand - I am in Canada and it snowed again last night ! Looks like it's all melting again, though. Mother nature, go home, you're drunk e.e;

Sorry this comment took so long, this week has been a little heretic.

anafiassa said...

Lovely bracelet! Definitely wishing you all that you dream! (I live in southern Ohio, and even we just experienced an April snow shower earlier this week. This winter is being quite tenacious.)

Blogger said...

Are you making money from your premium file uploads?
Did you know that AdWorkMedia will pay you an average of $0.50 per uploaded file download?

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can make money by locking special areas of your blog or website?
All you need to do is join AdWorkMedia and embed their content locking widget.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and get $$$$$$ from every visit to your short links.